Being in a relationship with somebody who has an eating disorder can be difficult.
And being in a relationship as somebody with an eating disorder can be difficult.
But with education, empathy and new skills it can start getting easier.
Monarch’s unique workshop series is designed to provide support, education and concrete tools for both members of the couple to help you to navigate these difficult spaces. All workshops are run by Dr. Dana Harron, Monarch’s president and founder. For more information about Dr. Harron, click here.
Workshop 1: For the member of the couple with an ED (May 19th, 9:30 am -12:30 pm)
- unique aspects of navigating a relationship with an ED
- tools for discussing your eating disorder with your partner
- tools for solving ED-related problems with your partner
Workshop 2: For the member of the couple not identified as having an ED (June 2nd, 9:30 am-12:30 pm)
- education surrounding eating disorders
- tools for better understanding your partner’s struggle
- advice on what to say – and what not to
Workshop 3: For the couple as a whole (June 9th, 9:30 am – 12:30 pm)
- discover how healthy boundaries enhance your relationship
- learn how to communicate better
- discuss navigating difficult issues that the ED brings up
You may participate in ony one, two or all three workshops. Each workshop is $30, payable by cash or check at the start of the workshop.